Ninja Battle Sample incompatible since 3.8.0

In the Ninja Battle sample, the signal handler function is missing that is required by the Match handlers since 3.8.0.
I tried to patch it, by adding the code snipper from Heroic Labs Documentation | Match Handler API but I first ended up with error

TS2345: Argument of type ‘ArrayBuffer’ is not assignable to parameter of type ‘string’

in match_handler.ts
And I tried to cast the string to Array Buffer for some of the argument with JSON.parse using
new TextDecoder("utf-8").decode. which get me through the Docker build stage but when I actually trying to spin up the image, I am seeing

nakama | {“level”:“info”,“ts”:…timestanp…,“caller”:“server/runtime_javascript.go:578”,“msg”:“Initialising JavaScript runtime provider”,“path”:“/nakama/data/modules”,“entrypoint”:“build/index.js”}
nakama | panic: interface conversion: ast.Property is *ast.PropertyShort, not *ast.PropertyKeyed [recovered]
nakama | panic: interface conversion: ast.Property is *ast.PropertyShort, not *ast.PropertyKeyed [recovered]
nakama | panic: interface conversion: ast.Property is *ast.PropertyShort, not *ast.PropertyKeyed
nakama |
nakama | goroutine 1 [running]:
nakama | github.com/dop251/goja.AssertFunction.func1.1()

at which point I declare my patch attempt fail and come here for advice.

const matchSignal = function (ctx: nkruntime.Context, logger: nkruntime.Logger, nk: nkruntime.Nakama, dispatcher: nkruntime.MatchDispatcher, tick: number, state: nkruntime.MatchState, data: string) : { state: nkruntime.MatchState, data?: string } | null {
	logger.debug('Lobby match signal received: ' + data);

return {
	  state,
	  data: "Lobby match signal received: " + data
	};
  }

:tv: Media:

Hi @Deity. Thanks for reporting the issue. We’ll update the sample.

We’ve updated the sample Updates server to use Nakama 3.13.1 by tomglenn · Pull Request #2 · heroiclabs/ninja-battle-nakama · GitHub