Join_marker_deadline_ms doesn't work

I am the only one with this issue ? I have to wait 5 seconds every time even though setting
join_marker_deadline_ms: 1000, long time for dev.

my settings works fine in docker compose btw.

(Nakama 3.0)

@louis030195 I’m not fully sure what your issue is. Can you backtrack a bit and explain what you’re trying to do?

Not sure if it’s related but we observed the following change in behavior with the same codebase:

1. Doing a simple match maker request with the following query:
  async findAndConnectToMatch() {
    const query = "*";
    const minCount = 2;
    const maxCount = 2;

this.foundMatch = await this.socket.addMatchmaker(query, minCount, maxCount, undefined, undefined);
  }
  1. Before upgrading to 3.0 this used to work with no delay. After upgrading it takes about 5-7 seconds for the onMatchMakerMatched event to fire back.

@Leonidas Please read the release notes before you update to a newer version of the server:

Release v3.0.0 · heroiclabs/nakama · GitHub

You can see these entries in the CHANGELOG:

• Add options to the Matchmaker to control how long tickets wait for their preferred match.
  • Matchmaker improvements to the process for matching and the handling of player count ranges.

1. Before upgrading to 3.0 this used to work with no delay. After upgrading it takes about 5-7 seconds for the onMatchMakerMatched event to fire back.

You can set the interval seconds used to converge for matchmaker results now. There’s new configuration options to have a look at:

-matchmaker.interval_sec int
How quickly the matchmaker attempts to form matches, in seconds. (default 15)
-matchmaker.max_intervals int
How many intervals the matchmaker attempts to find matches at the max player count, before allowing min count. (default 2)
-matchmaker.max_tickets int
Maximum number of concurrent matchmaking tickets allowed per session or party. (default 3)

3 Likes