Java / Node.Js server support

Hello everyone.
I’m pretty new to Nakama and Multiplayer in general, but I’m a Java developer and I’m currently using Godot Engine.
I wonder if it is possible to use NakamaAPI for a Java or Node.JS server, instead of using Go and Lua module.
Is there any support for this? Or is it something I can do myself using some sort of SDK?
Thank you very much.

Hi @fenix-hub welcome :wave:

I wonder if it is possible to use NakamaAPI for a Java or Node.JS server, instead of using Go and Lua module.
Is there any support for this? Or is it something I can do myself using some sort of SDK?

It is not possible to do this with Nakama server. We support Lua scripting with an embedded VM that executes the Lua code; and we support Go with compiled shared object code which is loaded at server startup. We’re in the process of adding a second virtual machine to the server to support JavaScript. These are significant and engineering intensive endeavours.

Perhaps in the future we’ll add support for other languages but there are no plans to add support for Java at this time. My best recommendation is dive in and learn a bit of Go code. It has far fewer concepts to pick up than Java but its also typed like Java so you’ll feel more at home with the language.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @novabyte,
Thank you very much for your clear reply.
I’ll deep dive into Go language as you suggested then, the Java-like semantics seems more palatable to me even though it requires compiling.

Have a great day!

1 Like