Is it feasible to handle simultaneous read and write requests to a single field in the database with large players?

Based on the information provided about Nakama’s database handler, if I want to create a live event or operation in my game where all players can contribute - for instance, a global score bar that increments each time a player wins - is it feasible to handle simultaneous read and write requests to a single field in the database, especially when there are a large number of players involved?

Hello @miladd,

Yes, it’s should be totally fine. For concurrent writes please take a look at Heroic Labs Documentation | Collections.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I’m curious, if there is a heavy load of user requests, does it cause any delays in handling them? Is there a system in place, like a queue, to manage these requests smoothly?

In single node solution, it will depend on the hardware Nakama and its database run on. In a multi-node setup, nodes will shared the workload and take over when possible. Consider taking a look at HeroicCloud, our managed solution that takes care of all that complexity.