Has anyone managed to use Nakama .NET Client with Godot?

Hello,

I don’t know if this forum is the right place but i can’t find any better place to seek for help.
I’m trying to use the Nakama .NET client in godot.
I installed it this way:

1. Download Nakama.dll from github
  2. Put Nakama.dll in my project path
  3. Add Reference to Nakama.dll to the .csproj file

Everything is looking good so far.
The problem is as soon as i mention something nakama related into my code, for example declaring a Nakama.Client as a member variable for my comunicator node (or any node), i get the following error when launching the game:

E 0:00:00.917   start: Script does not inherit a Node: res://src/Singletons/Comunicator/Comunicator.cs
  <C++ Error>   Condition "!valid_type" is true. Continuing.
  <C++ Source>  main/main.cpp:1766 @ start()

Which doesn’t makes sense because it does inherit a Node.
I’m really confused because i tried a bunch of stuff but nothing resolved the problem.
Note that i tried using another .dll, added it the same way and it does work without any problem.

Has anyone managed to make it work ? Am i doing something wrong ?

btw i’m on Fedora 29 using Godot 3.2.3 mono stable (i tried using the latest stable version as well it still doesn’t work)

Thanks in advance,

I haven’t gotten the chance to test this yet but I wanted to mention this is something we hope to support. I don’t know if this is because Mono support is still in Alpha stage for Godot or if there’s something in our library we could change. But if anyone is able to figure it out we would gladly welcome a pull request.

@Nellousan what happens if you use the .DLL from Nuget?

Hello, thanks for the responses.

Turns out it works when installing it via nuget (i installed it using the PackageReference thingy in the csproj, not the CLI).
I’m not sure about why it doesn’t work when installing it manually though.

Anyway thanks a lot it solved my problem.

2 Likes