Clarification on party presence events

I’m Trying to better understand who receives party presence events. It’s not clear to me from the docs. For instance, If I wanted my game server (a godot server instance) to keep track of parties, would it recieve party presence events, even though it’s not in the party? Do only clients with a user in the party receive these events? Is this event fired when a client creates a party, for that client themselves? Some clarification around when these events are sent would be great. Thanks!

1. Versions: Nakama 3.20, Docker, Godot 4.0 client library.
  2. Server Framework Runtime language (If relevant) Go server runtime

Hello @jonbonazza,

Party events are received only by clients whose user has successfully joined a party. The client should subscribe to party events before joining, and upon joining it’ll receive the current party members, any subsequent membership changes will be received as separate events and must be tracked by the client.

Hope this clarifies.

Will the person who creates a party receive a party event saying they joined the party after creating it?

They’ll receive a message containing the created party data.

Hi,

For authoritative server games, it would be nice if there was some way on the server to hook into all party requests or events so that they can be tracked on the server without relying on the client notifying the server of party events.

I saw on Github that there were supposed to be before/after hooks in the runtime libs already, but looking through the Go runtime interface file, I dont see any mention of these hooks.