Import with JSON seems to work inconsistently

Importing a JSON file (or even the same JSON file converted to CSV) gives me the failed to import file error. The problem is this was working before with no problems, using the same file I’m trying to use now. It’s not related to the file or structure as far as I can tell since it errors out with multiple different files, including the example JSON structure that I found posted on this issue:

[
  {
    "collection": "testcollection",
    "key": "testkey",
    "user_id": "fb912423-82cb-4e3a-8f67-42c37be19a3c",
    "value": "{\"hello\": \"world\"}",
    "permission_read": 2,
    "permission_write": 1
  },
  {
    "collection": "testcollection",
    "key": "testkey2",
    "user_id": "9e997e08-7e81-4d3b-a3d3-3458f7c5e5e1",
    "value": "{\"hello\": \"world\"}",
    "permission_read": 1,
  }
]

We’ve obviously changed user_id to match any of our user_ids, as well as tried the system user_id with the same result. Yesterday I started having this issue, while another developer was able to import the file that was causing my error on his installation no problem. Today he’s having the same issue. What is happening here?

Here’s one of the files we’re testing with now:

[
  {
    "collection": "AttackMoves",
    "key": "Scorch",
    "user_id": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
    "value": "{\"energyCost\":10,\"power\":10, \"variance\":1.5, \"levelRequired\":4, \"element\":\"Fire\", \"isProjectile\":true}",
    "permission_read": 2,
  }
]

Since it has been hit or miss whether it works, we’ve resorted to just pushing testing data structures from a client for now, but this isn’t the workflow we want to be stuck with.

Is there something we’re missing? Thanks a ton!

Also, here’s the error response logged in the console:

Response
​
body: ReadableStream { locked: false }
​
bodyUsed: false
​
headers: Headers {  }
​
ok: false
​
redirected: false
​
​
statusText: "Unauthorized"
​
type: "basic"
​
url: "http://192.168.99.100:7351/v2/console/storage/import?"
​
<prototype>: ResponsePrototype { clone: clone(), arrayBuffer: arrayBuffer(), blob: blob(), … }
index.tsx:135:18
    value index.tsx:135

Hi @Austin welcome :wave:

Do you have any browser extensions enabled that might block the upload behaviour in the dashboard? Does the problem occur on all 3 of the major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari)?

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m testing in Firefox and Edge, other developer is testing in Chrome and Safari. I’ve disabled my Firefox add-ons to double check, but I’m still getting the same result.

I’ve also tested on my desktop at home and have had the same issues on and off, using Chrome and Firefox.

Ok. Very strange. Please open an issue on GitHub and we’ll assign it to the current development sprint. Thanks!

Okay, will do that later today! Thanks for the help.

@Austin did you resolve the issue or should we add an item to investigate?