Apple M1 support

It will be only a matter of time before Apple will require developers to submit updates for Mac apps with Apple Silicon binary included. Is there already (or will there be) an Apple Silicon compatible C++ client library?

@Pinky The Apple Silicon stuff is hot off the press from Apple so we’ve not had the chance to start to address it. I think it’s best to open a feature request on the C++ client to discuss what’s involved to make it compatible. It will likely depend on the dependencies we have in the code to also receive compatibility updates for Apple Silicon.

Thanks. No idea where to do that, but I’ll take a look :wink: Can’t be too overly complex as the new Macs are basically big iPads for which a client already exists.

Just to let you all know:

I’ve compiled boost for M1 (libthread and libchrono) and modified the Mac build script to compile the Nakama C++ client for arm64 (added “-DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=’ + ARCH” to the cmake command, ran it for x86_64 and arm64 and then used lipo to create a universal static library). Seems to work great.

I unfortunately have no experience with github to give back to the community, but at least with these steps one can easily build the client for M1 too.

4 Likes