Unity Netcode Wrap for leaderboarding

I have a small Netcode project: a capsule can move around a scene, scoring points colliding with some objects. It’s basically the “get started” project of netcode documentation with some new features using ecs physics. I would know if i can use my project just like i’m doing, using nakama for leaderboarding, wrapping my project with this function. If possibile, i would know how this should be done, and i would know also if is possible using nakama in the same way for matchmaking. Thanks

@adeleGit You can definitely use Nakama for leaderboards and for matchmaking (either with the matchmaker or the match listings features). Have a read of the documentation and take a look at the sample project:

The sample project is available: GitHub - heroiclabs/unity-sampleproject: A sample game called Pirate Panic for Unity engine built with Nakama server.

1 Like

This is the getting started project i started from:
Getting started with NetCode | Unity NetCode | 0.6.0-preview.7.
I visited those pages you suggested but i don’t know how to tight those features with this netcode project. I don’t know for example if i have to put server instance on docker with compose.yaml, and in the case of matchmaking, how can i put some clients in a room and other in another room if i have only one server on docker? Now all clients connects to the same server on localhost and everyone is visible on the scene, how can i split them according with matchmaking? I’m sorry for my bad english.

you should refer to Nakama examples for the game engine you’re working with. Here’s an example GitHub - heroiclabs/unity-sampleproject: A sample game called Pirate Panic for Unity engine built with Nakama server.

2 Likes