Socket network handling

Is there a way to get notified when a socket message is failed to be sent due to network failure?
I am using the Unity client. and sending a match state message, in some cases I can’t proceed with the game until the message was successfully sent.
I want to implement a retry mechanism for when there was a network issue that cause a message to not be sent. But no exception is received even when intentionally closing the network.

Thanks

Is there a way to get notified when a socket message is failed to be sent due to network failure?

@oshribin The client sdk can take a small amount of time to detect disconnects due to how the OS handles sockets on most platforms. If an error occurs server-side in a match handler that the player has joined they will receive a socket disconnect (frame control message) before the match handler is stopped.

You can adjust how fast disconnects are picked up both on the client-side in the Unity sdk as well as server-side within the server configuration but note that these will affect players on low bandwidth networks. We’ve chosen the defaults to be a good middle ground for device bandwidth.