Letting the user know if s/he is blocked by the user he wants to send a message

I want to let the user would know if s/he is blocked by the user he wants to get in contact with that is chat or match. When he is blocked does the server returns anything exposing that information at least when he attempts to send him a chat message? Or when one blocks the other does the server prevents them to be matched by the matchmaker?

Thanks.

I want to let the user would know if s/he is blocked by the user he wants to get in contact with that is chat or match. When he is blocked does the server returns anything exposing that information at least when he attempts to send him a chat message?

@stombee We purposely don’t expose information to the user who’s been blocked to let them know they’ve been blocked by another player. This is done to protect the user who has blocked them.

Are you certain you want the blocked player to know? This could damage the player community and how they interact with your game.

Or when one blocks the other does the server prevents them to be matched by the matchmaker?

The server does not block players who have been blocked on the friend list or within groups from being matched with blocked user. This can be done in your game logic with the matchmaker. It’s not done implicitly because it can be game specific to the type of multiplayer game you work on.

I didn’t mean that I would let the user learn that s/he is blocked. I just needed to see that data in the background not to let them come together or match in a game. I manually handled that issue.
Thanks.

@stombee I’m glad you solved for your use case. Would be good to share it with the community to help other developers and I’m also curious at whether you needed to use any other code than the ListFriends server function to fetch and check whether the player has blocked another player.