How to return *api.Account from a GoLang function?

Can someone help me with some GoLang that’s probably a really simple fix but I’m still new to the language ? I’m trying to write a function that returns a pointer to a users account as I need to do that in several different places in my code but I’m getting a “IncompatibleAssign” error on the line where I try to return account. It seems to happen because *api.Account is in a different package to my code; api vs main ?

func GetAccountInfo(ctx context.Context, logger runtime.Logger, nk runtime.NakamaModule, userId string) (*api.Account, error) {
	account, err := nk.AccountGetId(ctx, userId)
	if err != nil {
		return nil, runtime.NewError("could not get user's account info", 13)
	}
	return account, nil
}

Can you double-check your import statements and ensure you’re using the correct package name, and that there isn’t any package aliasing causing a conflict? The api import should come from github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/api.

So this is the import section of the .go file that’s causing the error:

import (
	"context"
	"database/sql"
	"encoding/json"
	"time"

"digitalsmoke.us/backend/vendor/github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/api"
	"github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/runtime"
)

I can see that the import path needs changing to “github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/api” but when I change it and save the file, Visual Code changes it back. Even if I completely delete that entire “digitalsmoke.us/backend…” file and save it, the editor automatically puts it back in. Any idea why ?

Okay I think I’ve fixed it by deleting my local “vendor” folder which allowed me to change the offending line and then I did a “go mod vendor” again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.