How can I return additioanl mathc info in match listings?

I’m looking to use Nakama server as a way to display matches as lobbies. I’ve gotten to the point where I can query the server for matches and return match ids and join by them. However, I’m looking for a way to get more information from the match that’s returned. Thinks like the player hosting the lobby and the level - think L4D lobbies.

I’ve setup some custom RPCs in lua, but they only seem to make authorative matches, which I don’t want to use. (I’m planning using Snopek’s WebRTC for the realtime multiplayer). Now I’m at a loss as to how to get the data I need. Any suggestions?

@benopotomus Relayed (non-authoritative) matches do not have any information beyond an ID and list of presences associated with the match at any given time.

Your best bet is to create authoritative matches instead, where the match handler just acts as a relay. This will allow you to set match labels as you need, and even allow clients to update information. You can then use this information to both filter match listings and display info about the match in a client lobby browser.

Hope this helps! :+1: