Help needed for tournament design

Hi, Currently I’m working on a game very similar to toon blast (mobile platform) and I want to use nakama for tournament backend. Currently I’ve got around 60K downloads for my game. My game has more than 300 puzzle levels. Now I want to to add tournament to my game which every tournament has around 30 to 50 players in it which they are around similar levels. Each tournament last around 3 to 5 days. How should I implement this in nakama? I have the current level of each player in nakama user metadata. It seems I should create around 2K tournaments and add the players to their respected tournament. How should I do that?

Hey @SinaZK.

It seems I should create around 2K tournaments and add the players to their respected tournament. How should I do that?

Do you need 2K tournaments to shard your players across or could you approach it as a single tournament with a filtered view so that each 30-50 player group views only that set of users on the tournament board?

Also, is this use case one where you should use a leaderboard instead of a tournament?