I just released a beta version of my game “Friendly Words” which is a multiplayer boggle variant to the Google Play Store.
Features of the Nakama server that I use:
- Matchmaker for open real-time matches
- Storage engine for turn-based matches, avatar images, user-permissions, etc…
- Authoritative multiplayer (real-time and passive turn-based)
- Leaderboards/Tournaments (daily, weekly, monthly leaderboards for most wins/scores/words and reward distribution for top players)
- In-app notifications (for rewards, private game invitations, point and coin updates)
- Real-time chat (with hooks for a profanity checker)
- Friend management
- Push messages via OneSignal
- Google authentication
- Most plugins have been written in Go, a few simple ones in Lua
The Nakama server (currently v3.3.0) runs on a Digital Ocean droplet.
For database I use a managed PostgreSQL 13 database cluster also on Digital Ocean.
Feel free to check it out