Let’s say we have simple 1 vs 1 match and Nakama server requested from orchestration app to create UHDS for these two players.
- From investigating Nakama’s manual and careful reading this topic I wonder what should be UHDS from Nakama perspective?
- Will UHDS be 3rd “invisible” player but interpreted as special client for Nakama server?
- Is there ready pattern/class with Nakama Unity SDK which can be used?
Hi, @skullptr! And welcome to Heroic Labs Forum!
@juryxiong has written a very interesting blog post describing a similar use case to yours: Documentation for headless instance orchestration layer - #13 by juryxiong
It describes a use case using Godot Engine but the concepts there might help you achieve a more optimal solution to your requirements.
In the meantime, and as mentioned in that post, Heroic’s team is always improving the documentation and that use case (headless + Nakama) is on the backlog
this will be definitely a good start, thank you!
going further with UHDS (: I’ve drawn how I see the architecture:
- If I’m not mistaken communication between Nakama clients (NC) is not possible (I crossed them with red) and I should use Unity Netcode for communication Use com.unity.transport package and follow manual
- UHDS will be the 1st player or NC who will join the match (with 3 players). How I should authorize this “special” player? Same as normal user
- Is it possible to set zero
UserId for NC? No, but you can create UDID and check for
UserID which belongs to this UDID in Nakama runtime
- And another finding is
IMatch. In which cases it used? Is there any docs about class members? Read about