Plugin was built with a different version of package google.golang.org/grpc/backoff

Hi,
I’m using Nakama 3.10.0, I’m trying to use gRPC in my server. The thing is I cannot use the grpc 1.44 because “plugin was built with a different version of package backoff package - google.golang.org/grpc/backoff - pkg.go.dev”.
Seem like Nakama 3.10.0 is built with Go 1.17 and grpc 1.44 is built with Go 1.14.

Can anyone suggest to me what should I do in this case, Nakama 3.3.0 is built with Go 1.14 but I think it is quite old now.

Thank you!

Here is my main.go package:

import (

"context"

"database/sql"

"flag"

"log"

"github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/api"

"github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/runtime"

"google.golang.org/grpc"

"google.golang.org/grpc/credentials/insecure"

)

This question has been asked on the forum before a few times, please search the forum.

Additionally, please read this doc:

Sorry, I checked the doc and try several ways but I’m just getting the same error.
Could you send a sample project that can integrate grpc into nakama please?

Hi, I used the blank import for grpc but Go cannot detect the grpc:
#15 7.985 ./main.go:46:15: undefined: grpc
#15 7.985 ./main.go:46:62: undefined: insecure

Here is my main imports

import (
	"context"
	"database/sql"

"github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/api"
	"github.com/heroiclabs/nakama-common/runtime"
	_ "google.golang.org/grpc"
	_ "google.golang.org/grpc/credentials/insecure"
)

What does your go.mod file and vendor/modules.txt file look like? Please make sure dependencies that are also used in Nakama, follow Nakama’s versions:

1 Like

@mofirouz Thank you very much, I can build the project without error now. Sorry for taking your time, I didn’t know that I have to look up all the versions of the used packages in Nakama’s go.mod file.

Thank you this helped me solve this issue. :heart_eyes:

1 Like