Is it possible to test matchmaking suing curl requests?

Hello ,
I want to test a particular example from documentation Server authoritative multiplayer - Heroic Labs Documentation

How do i call this function through curl ?

@vazkss matchmaking happens over a websocket connection so it’s not practical to test it via cURL.

I’d recommend using one of the clients to establish a websocket connection and then using the matchmaking functionality provided by the socket.

Talking on this topic:
Is it possible at all to test match making and queries by feeding data and calling something on that data to verify matches?
As right now approach i had is to generate over 1000 accounts, then manually populate with data and then on one client try to match making and hopefully queries do work :confused:

@Eatos You can write matchmaker tests for your game using the .NET client like we do within our SDK test suite here:

Yeah, look at this, this is very slow approach if i want to test query params accros well large amount of data.
So what i want accomplish is:
→ We have a query params based on let say ELO, obviously query params much match within specific ranges. If player is not matched within certain timeframe, we increase those ranges, and if there aren’t any we would need to start match with bot with specific strength.
So that is why i kind-a want to generate once large amount of data, and then jsut run search query algorithm.

Atm the alternative is to try to recode algo from Go for match making to something else, but that sounds so tidious :confused:

I think if you need specific help with the matchmaker, you should contact us for a commercial support relationship as this conversation is beyond the scope of community help.

Yeah :slight_smile: for this it would be probably a go at some point…
Question: Does Query Patter matching for offline matchmaking works the same as online one?
If algos are the same, then this could be achieved by well adding data to storage, adding additional fields and looking at the results.