In game chat best practices

Hi,

I have a game of 2-4 players and I want to add a chat feature while playing. What is the best solution. I read about https://heroiclabs.com/docs/social-groups-clans/
It says like this

Superadmin → There must at least be 1 superadmin in any group. The superadmin can only delete the group and promote admin members.

Admin → There can be one of more admins. Admins can update groups as well as accept, kick, promote or add members.

as In my case I want all players with same privilege and group will be deleted with history chat after all players leave the match (authoritative)

@Mohammed The chat features in Nakama support chat rooms, 1-on-1 chat (direct message), and group messaging. The group messaging feature links together a group which has membership rules and ownership. This is enforced by the groups system.

In my case I want all players with same privilege and group will be deleted with history chat after all players leave the match (authoritative)

Since you don’t want to store chat messages (i.e. persist them) why not just send chat messages as just another type of message in your game clients and match handlers (i.e. an opcode).

1 Like