I can't use Nakama with Unity

I went through the tutorial on youtube to use Nakama with Unity but all I get is an error saying"SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" instead of saying the session number.

@Yoshi Welcome!

Can you double-check you have the server correctly up and running on the address/port you’re trying to connect to? That error typically means you’re connecting to the wrong IP/port or the server isn’t running.

The easiest way to run the server is to set it up via Docker.

Thanks for replying. All I have to do is setup Docker and I can publish it online or are there more steps?

And I cant install docker because it needs windows 10 pro

Use binary installation of nakama. It’s always easier than docker. Docker has thousand dependencies and conflicts.

It’s always easier than docker. Docker has thousand dependencies and conflicts.

@xnnnk This is not the best advice. The docker quickstart is valuable because it is a very simple way to run the binaries (containers) needed to run the game server and database server locally and connect them together.

Some developers may prefer to use native binaries and run the two separately to understand it all better but its a preference rather than a recommendation.

The best approach we should take is to try and understand what trouble @Yoshi has to get started so we can help and make it better for all. :slight_smile: