Dynamic leaderboard/s with fixed capacity of players

Hello,

Just wanted to use nakama leaderboard feature for our existing game. Here is my query and i wanted to know how can i achieve this task efficiently,

• We have scheduled event running every week and every event should have separate leaderboard/s with 20player/leaderboard. When user base grows we will have different leaderboard for the same event. e.g “Event-1-Leaderboard-1” when filled with 20 players, server check and create a new leaderboard and place 21st player and onwards in “Event-1-Leaderboard-2” and so on. We need to create a pool of 20 players in a single leaderboard.

What i have in mind is something like this.

• Player send call to server to join a leaderboard with event-id (i don’t want to couple player/user id with leaderboard).
  • Server checks if leaderboard exist with the event-id and not full than assign the leaderboard id and send call back to client.
  • In response client save that leaderboard id and initiate submit score request with score and username against that leaderboard id.
  • In response server put player score in that leaderboard with username as well and send a call back to client (may be with a list of current players with score and username in that leaderboard)

Is this possible ? how to achieve this task.

PS: I can’t find any server side function to check if leaderboard with a particular id exist or not.

Thanks.

Hi folks,

Just wanted to update this if anyone want something similar. I have done above task using nakama leaderboard and runtime code. Will post server side lua module code here after thorough testing, so that others can have idea about the approach and any improvements are always welcome. Stay tuned.

Thanks

1 Like